Saturday 8 March 2014

Birthday Crafting

I can post now I've got me camera sorted. Here's the bookmark I started for my friends 65th birthday present. The original design is from Basket Edge by Claudine Jacobs 1916. My first attempt:


 Can you see where I went wrong??? Has three of the large fans (top right) instead of two with a single between <DUH!> Yep messed up - could hardly gift that one!!! Silly mistake and I'd finished it before hubbie pointed it out! <chunter> SO here is version two - simplified soo I didn't make the same mistake again....

 The thread is Olympus #40 Colour M7 and just perfect for all them picots. Holds it shape and retro-tats well - and don't I "know" how to tat backwards!!!! :-)

 

Left is the front of the card I stamped the background using Chocolate Baroque's Honeybee and the three dimensional flowers made from one of my Spellbinders die cuts. Right is the box lid (mmm made that too!)


The insert was produced with Serif Craft Artist using a their transparency system on a background from Daisytrail and vintage beehive images shared by Graphics Fairy. Christine has her own beehive these days - soo seemed appropriate. The sentiments are from a gathering of such from the last 40 years or more...



Here's Christine opening her present. Well happy as the last bookmark I made her was when I first started tatting in 1998!  Happy Birthday and enjoy for a looong time to come :-)

5 comments:

  1. How awesome! Homemade gifts are the best, comes straight from the heart and the bookmark has love in every stitch! *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely bookmark! nice choice of thread too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful piece!!! Why is it that we have to tat something 2 or 3 times to "get" it? LOL Well done!

    ReplyDelete